Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
The worst mistake ever made was taking paddling out of schools. When you had men like the notorious arse-buster Eddie Giles lighting you up like a Christmas tree, you put alot of thought into whether the risk of what you were doing was worth it or not. There wasn't a teacher on the planet that could make you feel the burn like the forum's own retiredteach [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IBA WILDCAT*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And NO I don't think I'm part of what is wrong with the system.My kids have never been in trouble with the school system.I can protect my children and still disapline them.And teach them right. </div></div>
I'm not saying that you can't discipline your children, but there comes a point in time where SELF DISCIPLINE is important, and many children, teens, and adults do not know what the meaning of that word is. It just bothers me that people think that all children are innocent and little angels, when many behaviors that would be labeled as pathological in adults are simply seen as "cute" and "temper tantrums" in children.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
I got em from prolly every teacher at PVPS,PVMS, and PVHS...and the incomparable Poss Bolling was by far the worst I ever got...guess that's why he only got me twice...once my first day of 9th grade and once the last day it could be done....Cecil Maddux could sure fire ya up too tho.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Sounds to me like the kid is a constant trouble maker and needs his a$$ beat.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
I had more than my share of paddlings myself, but Giles was the only one who just had to paddle me one time. It liked to have killed me just trying to sit back down at the desk lol
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Mr.Kern at Coeburn could light your @ss up too.That was the first and only one I ever got in school.And for the life of me I can't even remember what I done.I know it was still stinging when I tried to sit back down.LOL
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO they need to bring corporal punishment back into the schools...and set a high mark to clear for a parent to even consider a lawsuit. For years, principals could correct the mistakes moms and dads made not disciplining their children....since that time passed, we have all these "new phenomena" of kids shooting kids, kids shooting off at the mouth, and a general lack of respect for anything or anybody. I guarantee if James Bolling had gotten the chance to light em up they'd have changed their tunes. Just the thought of that sting makes me want to break my toenails off in the insoles of my shoes..lol </div></div>
Yes, I'll agree with that. I had my share of "stings" and I was not hurt for life
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
I don't think we should have corporal punishment back in schools. Just too dicey. I couldn't paddle another child. And for the record, Cecil Maddux, Buster Taylor, and Buzz Ackridge got me. Never had a run-in with Ol' Smokey.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
I also don't think they need to bring back the corporal punishment...
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Everybody has a right to their opinion, and I can respect that, but it begs the question what does need to be done when it is obvious that the parents are not doing their part. Does the teacher just write it off as a lost cause? If that's the case, the teacher shouldn't be teaching (supposed to be molding lives...etc). Something obviously isn't working here.